Wednesday, February 29, 2012

HUNGER GAMES By Suzanne Collins

Part I.

Reflect- I think it was too hard for Katniss to hear that Prim's name was chosen to be one of the children to be killed in the Hunger Games. Katniss knew the risk she would take when she volunteered to be taken in place of her sister. I think that it is not correct to have an activity like Hunger Games because the participant are on minor ages. I think it's hard for Katniss and Peeta to live their family without knowing if they could ever come back alive and entering in that arena without any proper training is a difficult one.

Connect- Saying goodbye to your love ones is a painful one. I can relate to the feelings that Katniss had felt because I have once experience that. Sometimes I have encountered problems that it seems to be I cannot take just like Katniss, entering in the Hunger Games is not just a problem but a faith to be accepted. She thought she would'nt able to do it but in the end because of perseverance and courage, she was able to conquered it until the last. In this story, it shows that even though all of you are fighting for your lives, there is still a heart that shows compassion to the other who needs your help even you that he/she might kill you in the end.

Questions- I wonder why if Peeta really love Katniss or is he just making story so that they can get sponsors. I think it was hard for Katniss to kiss Peeta without any assurance if she do really love Peeta. I wonder why how does Katniss feels when she would kiss Peeta and there are many people watching and talking about them.

Predict- I think if the announcer did not change again their decision that only person should live, Peeta and Katniss would have been dead. No participant would be able to win if Katniss pursue her pals that they would eat the poisonous plant.


Part II

What is your favorite part in the story? Make a predictions.

My favorite part in the story is when Katniss and Peeta are been chased by there dead co-participants who became mutants. You can feel the fear and the adrenaline that is flowing in their veins, running for their life. 
If Katniss and Peeta was not able to reach the lake, they would be probably killed by those mutants and either the two of them would win the Hunger games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment